Saturday 12 December 2015

Hello all,
Again a long time between postings.  Work and family and Christmas blah, blah, blah....

I have not done much gaming, but have started a couple of new modelling projects.  After years of using old buildings of faking it with incorrect models, I am in the process of making and up-grading my collection of colonial buildings.  First are some proper Rorke's drift buildings.  I have fought this battle loads of times or at least variations on the theme, but never with representations of the buildings and position correctly modelled -- or at least close to it.  So, I have started by creating the basic shapes, one of which you can see below - this is the hospital.  As noted in the BFE scenario, it is more important to make the buildings fit your unit basing than getting them totally correct historically.

In addition, I got a bunch of basic ME wall sections from Warbases.  These are quite cheap and provide a great start for my modular wall system for the new ME buildings I have designed.  They will need quite a lot of work to bring them to life, but I like these basic shapes and they work well with my colonial basing (sorry about the Zulu War redcoats).

Finally there is a shot of something that I have been chipping on for a decade: Omaha Beach for Rapid Fire.   These German positions have been done for a couple of years, but I am still working on the US forces and the landing craft.  Getting close, but this project reminds me that the journey in wargaming is often more important than playing the game -- indeed, I really can't imagine that the game could possible live up to the effort gone into preparing for it.  Alas, that is OK.

1 comment:

  1. Yes the journey is rewarding - I checked and started planning for the RF Gold Beach scenario as my primary Wargaming objective in January 2010, and it wasn't until April 2014 that we hosted the game at Vancouver Salute. I'm sure your Omaha game will be worth the wait!

    ReplyDelete